Tuesday, February 17

17·02·15

My Favourite Lush Products



I don't even know how many years I've been searching for skincare products that I like and want to stick with. The things I'm mainly talking about is a good facial cleanser and a moisturiser. Those two things are as important to me as a deodorant or toothpaste!

I've always bought different products every single time I run out, because I haven't found something that I really like. They are either leaving my face too greasy, too dry or they're breaking me out. I suppose that's one of the issues you get with sensitive-ish combination skin?

Until I recently discovered Lush and their facial care products! I've not even thought about the fact that Lush has got products like this until I went into the local store just before Christmas. I thought they were just about bath bombs and stuff. But no, they do a lot of skincare,shampoos and stuff like that. Everything natural, preservative free and cruelty free. Loooove.

The two products from Lush I now can't live without is their Herbalism cleanser, and the Eau Roma Toner Water.

I've not really been using a toner on a regular basis before, but the Eau Roma Water is really lovely. I spray it straight onto my face in the morning after cleansing, and at night I spray it on a cotton pad to remove every trace of makeup after cleansing. It smells lovely and is refreshing and makes my skin feel extra moisturised.

The cleanser is amazing too. To some people the routine of using a Lush cleanser might feel awkward. Because it doesn't contain any preservatives, you need to mix it into a paste in your hand yourself with a little water before you can rub it on your face. Personally, I like this. It's like a little routine for me every time I wash my face.
The Herbalism cleanser is bright green and smells (to me) fresh like...herbs and nature? I read some reviews that people don't like the smell, but I do.
It's slightly gritty and exfoliating, which is great, because I don't feel the need to separately exfoliate too.

Before Herbalism I tried the Angels on Bare Skin cleanser. I loved the smell of it, but I felt like it was a little too gritty, because of some lavender flower pieces in it, so I went for Herbalism instead.

I also have been trying some of the Lush moisturisers. I purchased Enzymion after trying it out with a sample. I found that some of the other ones left my skin a little greasy, but Enzymion was matte yet moisturising.
The reason I don't want to re-purchase Enzymion is that after using it for a while, I think I experienced my cheeks getting a bit dry. My awkward face. And a great downfall is that it's expensive! It lasted me probably four weeks with me using is every morning and night, and for £14.50 I don't feel like that's sustainable. Just being honest!

I will definitely buy more Lush products in the future! I've got a long wish list, haha... I'm actually also thinking about getting a more rich Lush moisturiser to use only as a night cream. I think they would be great for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment